Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 06:25:23 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     <<SNIP>>

     This discussion about SSDs is interesting, but the formal ones are just a
bit too expensive to get my interest for now.  What I'm curious about, though,
is the possibility of using something such as a 32G compact flash card as a
primary SSD in my laptop.  I can't imagine something like that NOT existing
already, and it would just need to have a carrier that would be the form and
fit of a standard 2.5" IDE drive with a suitable socket for the CF card and
perhaps an interface.

     Something else I'm interested in finding is ghosting software that will
let me clone my present laptop HD to a backup so that I don't have to suffer
the partial loss of this machine should I encounter another one of those
viruses that install one piece at a time.

Chris