Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 07:41:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>However, I think you'd be disappointed as CF cards aren't really designed to
>work as SSD's, even if you
>can find a tray that would allow you to connect it as an IDE or SATA device.
>I also don't think their
>read/write speed is fast enough.
>
>SSD's are now just under a buck a gig, so they're getting there.
>
>I just replaced the spinny drive in my 2006 MacBook Pro with a 128Gb ssd and
>it's like a whole new machine.
>Processor (early Core2 Duo) isn't an i5, but for right now, given what I use
>it for, I just bought myself
>another year before I need to upgrade.  Amazing difference.

     Yes, however the vast majority of them are SATA, and my laptop only has an
IDE HDD bay.  I can get Sony brand 32GB 40MBPS CF cards here at Fry's
Electronics for $22.99 ($9.99 for 16GB), and the CF to IDE tray cost me just
under $6.

     My present HDD is a 30GB, and with all of the applications I have
installed I'm using less than 10GB, so even 32GB is more than sufficient.

     Now I just need cloning software.

Chris