Re: [OM] Memorial Day

Subject: Re: [OM] Memorial Day
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:56:47 -0500
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Charles Geilfuss <
charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   It went very well, Piers, and thank you for asking. The procedure is
> nothing; a Propofol nap and it's done in the blink of an eye. It's the
> night before that is a real bear. Typical physician, I had put mine off and
> was overdue by eight years. But all is well, no polyps or other nasty
> things, so I'm good for ten years before I have to endure another.
>
> Charlie

Now that I'm 50, I get my first one.  Since Dad had colon cancer, my doc
wanted me to get one two years ago, but my insurance company said, "Yeah,
well, that's good and all, but if you want to do it now, you're paying for
it all yourself.  If you want us to pay for it, come back and talk to us
when you're 50.  Honestly, we don't really care if you have a family
history of it or not.  Our rules say 50, so 50 it is."

And I work for a hospital.  Go figure.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard