Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 09:37:42 -0400
The link you sent below
<http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/external-storage/other/auction-
  596232884.htm> is now working for me which it did not do before.  I
can now see exactly what you ordered and can verify that it does *not
have an eSATA connection*.  The only usable interface for you on this
device is USB 2.0.  This will be *very slow* for backing up a large hard
drive.  I strongly suggest you cancel the order or return it if you can
and replace it with one having an eSATA connection.

But I'll add one more caution on my recommendations.  The one thing this
device does have is connectors for 2-1/2" and 3-1/2" IDE drives (AKA ATA
or PATA) as well as SATA drives.  My Thermaltake eSATA drive docks
support only SATA drives.  I wouldn't recommend using old IDE drives
(obsolete since about 2003) but if that's what you have there may be a
use for the device.

Chuck Norcutt