Re: [OM] Diffraction distraction continued

Subject: Re: [OM] Diffraction distraction continued
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 18:11:21 -0400
It's not that f/22 is too soft for your lenses, f/22 is too soft for
your sensor.  Diffraction blurring eventually causes the Airy disc to be
larger than a pixel or film grain which is the smallest image data you
can resolve.  f/22 on a medium format DSLR with its very large pixels
would be just fine.  Not so fine on an APS-C size or 4/3 sensor with
very small pixels.

Chuck Norcutt