[OM] I love LR

Subject: [OM] I love LR
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 11:11:16 -0500
This photo:

Was shot with the E-M5 and the 12-50 at 12.  The original has quite a bit
of wide-angle leanback.

I discovered some tricks with the lens-correction sliders that are scary
good - almost like having a view camera.  While the right-hand edge still
leans a bit, I was able to straighten the left-hand edge almost totally
vertical.

Now, if I could get a digital back for the 4x5 Deardorff that didn't cost
more than my house, I'd love to start playing with that...  I've had it for
years and have really only shot a half-dozen sheets of film.

(Long story, somewhat ugly story, but that camera was partial payment for
helping Deardorff move out of the warehouse they were in after the company
folded... a friend of mine and I were supposed to start a new view camera
company partnered with Jack Deardorff, but he did things behind our backs
that screwed the funding sources and killed the deal.... still makes me
grumpy to think about it, and the man's been dead for years.)  Suffice it
to say that my 4x5 Convertible (in reality, a 5x7 body with a 4x5 back) was
the last new one built from the original Chicago parts.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard