Re: [OM] Imagescience Computer Recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Imagescience Computer Recommendation
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 15:08:28 -0700
On 6/5/2013 9:54 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> I think I'm going to get a new computer instead of the M240.
> Now that is just sad. Computer over camera? ;)

Where was that line already crossed? OM-2? OM-2SP? OM-3/4? Before the E-1, I
think, but most certainly by then.

It's all computers, all the way down.

The latest Oly µ4/3 cameras will do in-camera Raw conversions. I can change
camera settings and run off new, different
JPEGs before the image even leaves the camera. (At least it says I can; in
practice, it's hard to imagine why I would,
nor have I done so.)

You're gonna draw a solid line as to which part of the image path from lens to
final form is camera and which computer???

I'm thinking new computer, too. That won't, per se, improve my photography. It
will improve my efficiency in producing
whatever dross or gold I would produce anyway, allowing me more time for other
things or the ability to produce more, as
post processing is my greatest bottleneck. It might even improve the output on
occasion, as I have the time and energy
to do more work when I spend less of it watching the snake creep along.

Digital Moose