Re: [OM] IMG: Random Images for Practice

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Random Images for Practice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 17:38:05 -0700
On 6/5/2013 1:18 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I walked around my yard to find subjects that would help me improve my
>> exposure practices.  The first is a deep shade exposure of a dogwood trunk
>> after the blooms are gone.
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=5690
>>
>> The second is at the opposite end of the spectrum, a Mimosa branch against
>> the sky.
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=5692
>>

> The first one is my favorite of the two.  The second one is a hard subject
> - the blue of the sky tends to bleed into the green of the leaves, and the
> leaves lose some definition against that bright sky.

I wonder how much of that bleeding may be E-1 specific, as supposed to just
subject.

The point is, though, that the exposure, the point of the exercise, is perfect.
Leaves with less feathery details would
be perfect.

Further separation from sky for the parts that haven't gone blue is easy.

Mutable Color Moose