Re: [OM] I love LR

Subject: Re: [OM] I love LR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 18:25:57 -0700
On 6/5/2013 9:11 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> This photo:

> Was shot with the E-M5 and the 12-50 at 12.  The original has quite a bit
> of wide-angle leanback.
>
> I discovered some tricks with the lens-correction sliders that are scary
> good - almost like having a view camera.

I'm happy for you.

What you have discovered is nothing new or unique. It's available in all sorts
of editors and stand alone lens
correction apps.

> While the right-hand edge still
> leans a bit, I was able to straighten the left-hand edge almost totally
> vertical.

It's kind of hard to get extreme distortions right in that ACR/LR tool. In a
more serious tool, in PS, much more may be
done.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Braun/West_Tower_Defiant%20.htm>

The verticals may be fully corrected. That still leaves a quite unnatural, but
dramatic, 'prow of a ship" look. It also
tends to make verticals that are actually true look tilted.

If desired, the horizontals may be corrected, as well, leaving a quite natural,
if rather dull looking, building.

I often only partially correct the horizontals, to retain some of the drama and
apparent height, as here.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/Things/Structures/slides/_MG_3299corcr.html>

Skewed Moose