Re: [OM] IMG: Harvest

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Harvest
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 23:48:02 +0800
Nikon 5000ED has D-range of 4.8, you cannot get a scan with either end
clipped. Even my 4000ED (D-range 4.2) will capture every bit of highlight
and shadow on the kodachrome. There are always lots of room on both end of
the histogram on my image files.

The problem must be came from the scanning software setting. If anyone
insist on using VueScan, please set "Color balance" to None. Do not use
other settings with Black/White point clipping.

C.H.Ling