Re: [OM] Computer Quote

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Quote
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 14:02:19 -0700
On 6/7/2013 1:02 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> PESO:
>
> This is the quote I got from Dell.  Does anybody see any problems?
>
> Thanks in advance to all of you computer gurus!!

That is sure hard to read! At least two, slightly different, listings for each
component.

 From what I have learned in your shortish time here, you get antsy and tend to
leap before you look and charge ahead.
If the price fits your budget, this will do what you want, but for one thing.
With a little more shopping, you could get
equivalent performance for PS for what I would guess is much less $.

There's a lot of overkill in the system for PS use:

As I just pointed out, a GPU-less processor and high end video board is
unlikely to provide any noticeable improvement
for PS use over an Intel i7 with integrated GPU.

I don't know if you plan to burn Blu-Ray disks - certainly not for your primary
use.

As before, I don't think a third SSD will add anything. If you use it instead
of a RAM disk for PS cache, it may
actually slow things down. (With 32 GB, PS may never use a cache, but who
knows.)
I don't see a regular HD. The Australian site proposes a large HD, in addition
to the SSDs. I know I would run into
trouble without one. There's just so much 'stuff' beyond what a 256GB boot
drive can store. :-)   At the moment, I'm
using a 1 TB eSATA drive for that, but want the speed advantage of an internal
drive with SATA III.

Brain Hurts, Moose