Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/6/2013: two señoritas and two lenses, decades ap

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/6/2013: two señoritas and two lenses, decades apart
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 13:01:30 -0700
On 6/8/2013 11:17 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> I think that it's closer to 32mm, Moose.  I've been trusting that it's a 1.5
> factor.  The X100's 23mm is supposed to be closer to 35mm equivalent.

I did no calculations. I went with the EXIF. Click "Show Details", above the
image, then "Info". There it says "Focal
Length:14mm (21mm in 35mm)"

Fool that I am, I assumed that either Fuji or Nathan put it there, and had
calculated correctly.

Pulling out his handy dandy spreadsheet for AOVs, The Moose found that 21 mm on
a 24x36 mm chemical or electronic sensor
gives a diagonal AOV of 81.2°, while 14 mm on Fuji's 15.8x23.6 mm sensor gives
80.3°.

Given normal manufacturing tolerances, that 1.2% difference is insignificant.
Thus, he feels vindicated in going with
the EXIF. :-)

RTFEXIF Moose