Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 22: testing / the X-Pro 1 landsinAlicante

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 22: testing / the X-Pro 1 landsinAlicante
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:37:49 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

>> (or DPP for Canon files) by checking the RGB values. There is difference,
>> depends on which one
>> you like.
>
> I have done that comparison a few times. I preferred the ACR color and it
> has better highlight recovery than DPP.

Both Viewer 3 and DPP don't do well in highlight recover (there must be some
reasons, I don't think they don't know how to do it), I do use ACR for the
images with blown highlight on the subject but I seldom use to recover non
relevant backgrounds, it could make the image unnatual and lost
concentration. BTW, I try to under expose my images by 1/3 to 2/3 stop so I
don't need highlight recover much.

C.H.Ling