Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 22: testing / the X-Pro 1 lands in Alicante

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 22: testing / the X-Pro 1 lands in Alicante
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 20:03:05 -0700
On 6/6/2013 7:42 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Nice selection. I like the suspicious school girl. I also like the fact that
> poetry seems to mean something there.

Here, as well.

One optional activity I offered at the Memorial Day retreat was a poetry
reading session. I had asked, and hoped, that
some people would bring their own. Only one had, as he had written it that
morning.

Fortunately, I had the foresight to bring some books of lesser known poetry,
including some fairly challenging work by a
street poet. So we went around as folks felt moved by what they found in the
books and read to each other. I read a fair
amount of my own stuff. As it turned out, a good time was had by all. A lovely
way to spend a quiet, lazy afternoon.

We have a friend who is quite good. She's had at least one poem in the Iowa
Review. I've been trying to gently nudge her
to produce a chapbook.

Mine is less Literary, than hers, and less fraught.

    Thus I began,
    "A little boy fell in the mud."
    Do /you/ think it might be a dud?
    Are you a fan?