Re: [OM] (OT) X-100s

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) X-100s
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:57:45 -0400
I believe we can all concur with your judgment as to whether to spend time on a
romantic holiday futzing around on the internet with a gaggle of imaginary
friends. <g>

My X-100s woes apparently were entirely self generated. But it was good to
learn that if you crank up the monitor brightness for better daylight viewing,
you begin to believe all your pictures are woefully overexposed. I wish now I'd
kept shooting with the X-100s in New York, but I'm hopeful there will be other
opportunities.

So I went out late yesterday afternoon to exercise the motorcycle, and strapped
on the X-100s. Took a passle of pictures while I was out, almost none of them
of any consequential value. They are downloading to Lightroom now, and I
noticed that the exposure on them is just fine, thank you. I've got the monitor
set now to show me a thumbnail of the actual picture, and other data, including
a histogram, which as I have been reminded, is the only sure way to judge
exposure--and even that's not entirely a sure thing. It really takes time with
the camera to learn from experience how to read the histogram.

At any rate, it appears I was prematurely hysterical, which is not all that
unusual. Thanks for the link to the custom settings. That should prove helpful,
as I suspect I may want to exercise some jpeg options with the X-100s.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal