Re: [OM] PESO: Fuji high ISO / thanks, Rabs!

Subject: Re: [OM] PESO: Fuji high ISO / thanks, Rabs!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 13:05:26 -0400
I'd never thought of doing this and, upon trying it out I "discovered"
my E-M5 was disallowing auto ISO when in manual mode.  However, after
revisiting the basic cameras setup options I realized that I had
disabled the ability to select auto ISO in manual mode myself when I was
first setting up the camera back in January.  The notion was foreign to
my film era mindset I suppose.  It has now been re-enabled for all
exposure modes.

No doubt there are still many other settings on this camera I don't
fully understand and/or are set at less than optimal values.

This also caused me to reexamine the behavior of the Canon 5D.
Unfortunately, the 5D is stuck even further back in time.  It not only
disallows auto ISO in manual mode, it disallows it in all modes except
full auto mode.  Even then it restricts the ISO range to 100-400.

Ten years too late I have also discovered that my Minolta A1 does allow
auto ISO in manual mode although it's range is restricted to ISO 100-200
rather than the full range 100-800.

Chuck Norcutt