Re: [OM] 35 million rolls of film sold in North America last, year

Subject: Re: [OM] 35 million rolls of film sold in North America last, year
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 18:46:34 -0400
Just ignorance on the part of the writer.  As Ken and Paul pointed out
there are still very useful pieces of software that run only on those
old systems. As to film, there are some people that I advise to avoid
digital and stay with film.  The reason is that I think the full use of
digital requires a computer.  I know many people who don't own a
computer at all and some who do that don't have a clue how to use it.
For them, their old film camera and picking up prints at the drugstore
is still the right solution.

I know one couple in their early 90s who have a digital camera and one
SD card that contains about 750 images spanning about 2 or 3 years of
photo taking.  They do not have a computer.  The only way they see their
pictures is to scroll through them on the camera.  Now, at 750 images,
it has become extremely inconvenient to view them.  They want to know
how to organize them and display them more efficiently.  But they don't
want a computer and say they can't learn to use one.  What do I tell
them.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt