Re: [OM] Cost - Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Cost - Image Editing System
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:44:34 +0800
If not for high-end gaming (dual dispaly card) I would not go for a power
supply over 500W. My 380W power supply is running happily with my new i7
system. I have a power monitor attached to it, the normal power consumption
is only 60W for light power applications like email and office. For video
conversion it take most power, around 145W. For photo shop it is way below
that.

I don't know where their data came from, mother board will never consume
50-150W. Modern 8GB DDR3 1600 consume less than 2.6W. Hard drive is 7-9W
each. 20-30W for DVD seem too much to me too.

C.H.Ling