Re: [OM] IMG: Harvest

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Harvest
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 10:14:49 +0800
I admit I don't understand all those color specs. But when I have a 16bit
image with higtogram free from clipping, I don't think there is any color
data loss. Any color can be remake with curve or other level blending tools.

Whenever you shift the RGB level, there is always data loss no matter 8 or
16 bit on any color spec. But a 16 bit image give neglectable loss while 8
bit does not. For scanned image I will keep a lower contrast 16bit tiff sRGB
(no clipping) as original and adjust it to final version for print or
dispaly.

Similar to the Dolby NR at the tape age, if you have a 32 bit 130dB S/N
ratio system, is the NR still important?

C.H.Ling