Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 00:18:20 +1200
This thread has been highjacked quite beyond recognition, so it won't matter
if I continue the car-endurance boasting ...

My first car was a 1961 ( I think)  VW 1200cc Beetle. I ran up 100,000 miles
on an already reconditioned motor in 5 years. 12,000 m a year going to work
50 miles a day, 8,000 m a year doing my stuff, mostly going skiing.

Then I had to recondition it again; of course, because ( I imagine) nitriding
etc hadn't been invented then. It was followed by a 1967 Peugeot 404 KF2
with Kugelfisher fuel injection. I ran up 170,000 miles on that in about 15
years. Wonderful car..

My little Toyota Starlet has 330,000 km on the clock and it worth at least
another 125,000. Could see me out the door.

Brian Swale