Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:48:37 +0200
Le 11 juin 13 à 19:15, Chris Barker a écrit :

> I'm impressed with these mileages, chaps.
>
> Chris
>
> On 11 Jun 2013, at 13:18, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> My first car was a 1961 ( I think)  VW 1200cc Beetle.

Had one too - lasted 17 years - egg shell white it was whatever that
means as German eggs are all white ...

>> I ran up 100,000 miles
>> on an already reconditioned motor in 5 years. 12,000 m a year going
>> to work
>> 50 miles a day, 8,000 m a year doing my stuff, mostly going skiing.
>>
>> Then I had to recondition it again; of course, because ( I imagine)
>> nitriding
>> etc hadn't been invented then. It was followed by a 1967 Peugeot
>> 404 KF2
>> with Kugelfisher fuel injection. I ran up 170,000 miles on that in
>> about 15
>> years. Wonderful car..

My Dad had two of them - the latch to the petrol tank was hidden
behind a swinging number plate.
I loved the silver circle that trigger the horn :-)
Wonderful memories of long trips on bumpy roads then.

Pininfarina had designed the body, and then resold it at a smaller
scale to Morris/Austin
http://tinyurl.com/nnt5f7q

>> My little Toyota Starlet has 330,000 km on the clock and it worth
>> at least
>> another 125,000. Could see me out the door.

Keep ticking!
Amitiés
Philippe

> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE