Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 00:35:37 +1200
Piers wrote:

> Regarding the use of Excel, I subscribe to the thoughtful insight
> expressed so economically by Moose - MADNESS.
>
> Regarding IdeaList, I would not have suggested it if I had thought it was
> going to cost GBP170 for a discontinued and unsupported piece of 20 year
> old software. Did you notice that I said "there are orphaned versions
> available. You might like to look here:
> http://osbloggery.blogspot.co.uk/2007/12/after-idealist.html for some
> reasonably up-to-date news from IdeaList users". I had originally drafted
> a much longer response, with other references (including one which
> clarifies that IdeaList is the Windows successor to Archivist) but thought
> it better to give you just the important link. Had you followed that link,
> you would have found several links to downloadable versions 3 and 5, as
> well as links to the manual, and numerous reports of successful
> installation. All for GBP0. Granted, installation under Windows 7 x64
> takes a bit of cunning, but I can confirm that it does work (how? Because,
> not wanting to send you on a fruitless search, I checked and installed it
> before posting the link!).
>
> But now you have an offer from Philippe of Lightroom for next to nothing.
>
> I know which I would go for.
>
> But I suspect I also know what you will do!
>
> Piers
>
> PS I'll save you the trouble of following the link.
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62208205/IDEAL3.EXE and
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62208205/Idealist%20Manual.pdf

Thanks very much Piers. I'll follow that up  in the morning ( it's half-past
midnight as I read this). Last night was worse, I ran out of time and didn't
get
back to bed until 2am. The digest arrives here at 10:15 pm at the moment (
changes all year due to daylight saving changes - the worst for me is when it
arrives at 12:15..

Brian Swale.