Re: [OM] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Editing System
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:56:17 -0500
On 6/12/13 07:35 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> You're perfectly welcome to keep your Mac but you should not call
> Windows a Mac ripoff.  Both are a ripoff of the Xerox Alto created by
> Xerox PARC.  But it's good that Jobs and Gates came along and took what
> they did.  Xerox hadn't a clue about the value of what they had.  The
> Alto would still be languishing in the lab.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

Agreed.  Between a windowing GUI, a WYSIWYG word processor,
object-oriented programming, a practical mouse (I know Engelbart
invented it), ethernet, Postscript, and laser printer technology, Xerox
could have ruled the world had they not been such stubborn, old-school
copierheads.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard