Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 06:13:26 +1000
Aye, but would he eat with chups, as a fush supper?

A further word to the confused, etc., and not to be construed as an apology in
any way to Brian...the New Zealand eccent  involves a not too subtle vowel
shift by one position in many situations. This causes a great deal of good
natured ribbing which they seem to take fairly well most of the time. It's a
bit lost on non-Antipodeans who can barely tell the difference I've found, much
to my horror. Just as most of us can barely tell the difference between a
standard north-Eastern US voice and a Canadian - I can usually pick that weird
vowel sound but most don't.
This teasing is part of the fee we exact for allowing a significant proportion
of the New Zealand population to live in Australia where just about everything
except the scenery is better. This is intensified when the all-Blacks are
humiliating us yet again.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com