Re: [OM] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Editing System
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:19:18 -0700
> Also, I'm still using XP 32 bit, the extra RAM can only be used as Ramdisk.
So how does windose access the ramdisk? I understood that with a 32bit
system it had to be accessed through paging blocks in addressable RAM.
Wouldn't that be the bottleneck? Faster than a spinning disk but maybe
not any better than an SSD?

How does one set up a ramdisk with XP32? Found lots of links but no real
proof it works.

How about with W764? Is it even worth it? Most new MB's will take 32gb.
Seems better to use an SSD and let windose manage it.

Mike