Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:09:21 -0400
New Mexico's old Spanish community is even better when it comes to Spanish
dialects. The old families in Santa Fe still speak the 17th Century
Castillian language their ancestors brought to the New World 400 years
ago! I learned to speak Spanish there and had trouble understanding my
Mexican students. Thankfully all the kids spoke English fluently. Actually
a lot of the Hispanic kids at my school didn't speak Spanish at all; their
families had been in the US for several generations and had stopped using
it. Indiana's far enough from the border that most of our 'Mexicans' are
actually Americans whose ancestors came from Mexico long ago.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook