Re: [OM] OT Friday question - Radon gas

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Friday question - Radon gas
From: Chris Weir <chris.a.weir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:48:30 +0100
I'm not an expert, but radon is a heavier than air gas that is slowly
emitted from the rocks such as granite, and can build up in unventilated
cellars and ground floor rooms. I think the remedial measures are to
install ventilators that allow the gas to dissipate and keep the
concentrations low.
It wouldn't put me off buying a house in the area, but you should ask the
vendor if the house has been surveyed for radon, and what mitigation
measures are in place, if required.

It is probably best to get some professional advice to check the existing
measures and advise if anything else needs doing.

Chris