Re: [OM] (OM) OT Browsers

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Browsers
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 06:52:58 -0600
> I know nothing about website "abuse".  What I was responding to was your
> claim that Firefox has gotten increasingly "bulky" and slow and is doing
> a lot of mystery activity.  I've seen no such thing.  Maybe I'm
> uninfected because I have Flash and Java disabled.

Well, it certainly isn't just me making the observation about Firefox
being bulky and slow. As to disabling Flash and Java, there is a
little problem there. Flash can be disabled for most people, but Java
is a real problem because probably 95% of the corporate
web-applications use Java. These apps are rarely stable on Firefox,
but will run perfectly well on Exploder.

> I tried Chrome briefly but didn't like it on the PC and decided I didn't
> want Google owning more of my life than it already does.  But I do use
> it over Firefox on my Nexus 7.  The Firefox designers seem to have lost
> their way on Android.

So have a lot of other developers. I see the occasional website access
where Firefox on Android is being used, (I know who you
are--bruhahahaha), but not much. My website rebuild, which will
eventually happen, is going to use a template which reformats itself
to whatever the viewing device is and what orientation it is held.
I've been testing it with various devices and browsers. It behaves
well on most stuff, but Firefox still gets wierded out.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx