Re: [OM] IMG: from Deep Iowa

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: from Deep Iowa
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:29:39 -0600
> Aren't there federal rules that allow for antennas regardless of local
> ordinances? I seem to recall there are.

It depends on whether or not it is a covenant community. Those local
rules will override, except in times of emergency.

It's no different than building an antenna support structure for
licensed commercial use. You may be governed by the FCC, but
construction permits are granted by the local authorities. We also
deal with this in telecommunications when placing fiber-optic lines.
You still have to deal with all the local authorities.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx