Re: [OM] Re; OT Browsers... or viruses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re; OT Browsers... or viruses?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:42:42 -0700
On 6/14/2013 4:25 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> ... And in any case Firefox dose its own ( annoying) updates quite often as
> far as I can tell.

Options=>Advanced=>Update allows you to control when it updates. Mine does not
update automatically - and updates rather
seldom, at least weeks apart, so auto updates aren't what you are seeing
thrashing your disk.

On 6/14/2013 6:02 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> BTW, it's probably Avast doing all that disk activity.
> Kaspersky and Avast are both insane when it comes to hard-drive
> destruction. I've had to remove them from maybe a dozen different
> computers now. I'll never install either one again.

Unwarranted assumptions again?

I too have gone to MS Security Essentials, behind a firewall, for day to day
AV, with an occasional run of Malwarebytes.
The other AVs have all gone mad. When an AV product renders your computer only
marginally useful, has it not become what
it purports to cure?

A.V. Moose