[OM] OT: Trip to France

Subject: [OM] OT: Trip to France
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 18:32:49 +0100
We spent the first week of June in France, on a short break.  The weather was a
little iffy initially, but it settled down to just right.  We drove to
Portsmouth, on the south coast and stayed a night in an indifferent B and B.
We then took the day ferry from Portsmouth to Caen (Ouistreham is the port)
before driving to the Villa Aliénor in Les Andelys

I've put only a few of my shots on Zone-10:

The Moulin Rouge on Boulevard Clichy; we stayed on Rue Blanche, not far from
this place.  I couldn't reccomend it, but my lovely X100S captured it pretty
well, I thought:

We enjoyed an evening visit to the Île de la Cité; the cathedral was closed,
but people-watching was a decent substitute.  This is a quick snap, but not too
bad for all that:

Here's the lovely Notre Dame and Seine in panorama:

And, slightly later, looking the other way, the sunset on the Seine:

On our last day we visited the St Germain area, just strolling around, and came
upon this rather lovely church:

After leaving Paris, we spent another night in Les Andelys before heading back
to Ouistreham to catch the early ferry back to Portsmouth.  This gave us the
opportunity to wander the windy beach where we found a memorial that I had not
seen before:

France is, of course, a beautiful country; and Paris had its share of beauty.
I had not seen the Louvre before, nor the Tuilleries.  There was beauty all
over the place:

It had been 32 years since Julia and I had a few days of our honeymoon in
Paris, staying at the Cercle des Armées on Place St Augustin and it was really
good to be back, enjoying the place.

Chris