Re: [OM] OT: Our new wind turbine

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Our new wind turbine
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 14:05:12 -0700
On 6/15/2013 8:18 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> I attended the official opening of the Gamlingay Community Turbine yesterday
> afternoon.  The weather was ideal: sunny skies and a decent breeze to move
> the turbine.  I was the "aviation advisor" to the project, fending off
> objections from local pilots (it's only around 150ft high) and writing impact
> statements when necessary. So yesterday was a pretty exciting day and all had
> a good time:

Nice image. Looks like a fun event.

One turbine? All that hoopla over one? :-)

There are at least hundreds, perhaps in the low 1,000s, within 50-60 miles of
our house.Most are larger, as well, some
quite enormous.

Windy* Moose

* Actually, we get little wind at our house most of the time. It moves from
ocean to central valley through the low
points of the hills and along the river course, which is where the turbines
gather.