Re: [OM] OT: Trip to France

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Trip to France
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 22:49:46 +0200
Moulin Rouge is quite an achievement in terms of light - we had booked
a flat last december 500 yards from there and I tried again and again
but never got what you are showing us here - kudos!

All good, but this one is special to me.

Amitiés
Phil the frog

Le 15 juin 13 à 19:32, Chris Barker a écrit :

> We spent the first week of June in France, on a short break.  The
> weather was a little iffy initially, but it settled down to just
> right.  We drove to Portsmouth, on the south coast and stayed a
> night in an indifferent B and B.  We then took the day ferry from
> Portsmouth to Caen (Ouistreham is the port) before driving to the
> Villa Aliénor in Les Andelys
>
> I've put only a few of my shots on Zone-10:
>
> The Moulin Rouge on Boulevard Clichy; we stayed on Rue Blanche, not
> far from this place.  I couldn't reccomend it, but my lovely X100S
> captured it pretty well, I thought:

> We enjoyed an evening visit to the Île de la Cité; the cathedral was
> closed, but people-watching was a decent substitute.  This is a
> quick snap, but not too bad for all that:

> Here's the lovely Notre Dame and Seine in panorama:

> And, slightly later, looking the other way, the sunset on the Seine:

> On our last day we visited the St Germain area, just strolling
> around, and came upon this rather lovely church:

> After leaving Paris, we spent another night in Les Andelys before
> heading back to Ouistreham to catch the early ferry back to
> Portsmouth.  This gave us the opportunity to wander the windy beach
> where we found a memorial that I had not seen before:

> France is, of course, a beautiful country; and Paris had its share
> of beauty.  I had not seen the Louvre before, nor the Tuilleries.
> There was beauty all over the place:

> It had been 32 years since Julia and I had a few days of our
> honeymoon in Paris, staying at the Cercle des Armées on Place St
> Augustin and it was really good to be back, enjoying the place.
>
> Chris
>

> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE