Re: [OM] F--K This City

Subject: Re: [OM] F--K This City
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:00:21 -0500
On 6/17/13 01:32 : , Chris Crawford wrote:
> That too. The racist stuff doesn't surprise me, given that we were home to
> the largest KKK in the country when I was in high school in the early 90s.
> Back then, there was also a Nazi show on the local cable access channel.
> The show wasn't made locally, but someone locally sponsored it to get it
> on the Ft. Wayne cable access channel.

Wow.  That's a lot more current than here in Valpo.  Our Klan
infestation was much earlier in the century. My alma mater, Valparaiso
University, actually almost became a Klan college in 1923 before the
Lutherans outbid them.  They had plans to expand it and use it as a way
to instill "Americanism" in the youth of the day....

There was a lot of Klan presence and pro-KKK sentimentality in Valpo the
town in the first half of the century.  Even today it's predominantly
white, although there are a few African-American and Hispanic families.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard