Re: [OM] Happy Home

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Home
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:19:43 -0600
> But indeed it is easier to be smug when you've got the resources to fall back
> upon.

I've met far more smug and arrogant "poor people" than rich people.
There is most certainly a pride in your own distress. We saw this in
spades recently with the 99-percenters. In what my wife and I do, we
see this all the time. Those "in need" refuse to better themselves or
even accept a better position in life because it would mean that
something has gotten better. They really don't want it to be better.
In fact, you'll see them sabotage whatever it is to bring themselves
back down to their comfort zone.

This isn't an external problem, but an internal problem with them. You
can give a person $100,000 a year and they'll still be in poverty.
There is most certainly a pride in poverty.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx