Re: [OM] Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Copyright Infringement
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:07:35 -0400
You go to https://eco.copyright.gov/

That's where you create an account.

After creating an account you can log into the site and start the registration
process. It's not terribly intuitive, but then I'm kinda impatient. Took me a
while to get it done, but if I can do it, anyone can. You go through the whole
process, then you pay the fee, _then_ you can upload pictures. I used jpeg
files sized at 800 pixels on the long edge set to 72 ppi resolution. The limit
is however many images you can upload in less than an hour. I did about 100 to
start with, and will do more this week now that I've been through the process.

Unfortunately, you have to select each image individually for upload. The
copyright office software does not allow for any special characters, such as
dashes, slashes, commas, etc., even in the description box. So my file names
all started with wv followed by the image number, and the description was a
simple title for the image that didn't contain any punctuation. Example:
wv1234.jpeg  Reflected Light

Hope this helps.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal