[OM] It's never easy, is it?

Subject: [OM] It's never easy, is it?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:09:35 -0500
So I ordered the Panosaurus... and only then did I find the warning that
said it won't work with cameras that have offset tripod sockets.

Like the E-M5.

Bummer.

But after several emails back and forth with the builder, we've deternined
that it will work as-is if I only want to do single-row panos.  But of
course I'm hooked on the multi-row thing...

So it comes down to me having to machine a custom offset mounting block
that relocates the tripod socket the 1/2" or so to bring it in line with
the axis of the lens mount.  Fortunately for me, one of my friends is an
expert machinist and he said it would be easy to make me one in exchange
for dinner and a beer.

Can't wait to try it out.  Really want to see how the parallax-free panos
come out...

However, it will work without any mods on the E-1, so there's that.

--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard