Re: [OM] It Ain't So Bad - Poor man's Fuji XPRO1

Subject: Re: [OM] It Ain't So Bad - Poor man's Fuji XPRO1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:40:57 -0600
> I wish you luck in your purchase then, Ken.  I wonder if there is not an
> advantage, for you with your sort of paid-for photography, in having a
> "rangefinder-type" camera rather than a DSLR.

It's probably a wash. My first 10 or so years of photography was with
rangefinder cameras. I had a massive love/hate relationship with them,
which I've talked about before. Nothing inherently wrong with them,
regardless of what Moose says, but kinda like politics, religion and
genders, we all tend to have our preferences. I learned to love
certain aspects of the rangefinder cameras and would suggest that for
close-in people photography in poorly lit environments, rangefinder
style cameras have a distinct advantage.

I would suggest that the current XPRO1 and X100S are the best event
cameras around right now. I'd be in hog heaven with a pair of them.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx