Re: [OM] OT: Night war photography

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Night war photography
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 19:19:27 +0100
That's presumably one of the paradoxes of war.

It reminds me of a story from Gulf War 1.  A colleague of mine from a previous
squadron was flying a night mission in the early part of the conflict; he was
now the squadron commander.  During the early part of their trip he saw the sky
light up some distance away as the Iraqis got going with their AAA (mostly ZU
23-2, I think).  The Boss exclaims with surprise and asks his navigator, " ***,
what the *** is that?"

"That's our *** target, Boss!"

That story was told many times over the following years.

Chris