Re: [OM] E-M5 report

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 report
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 06:10:18 +1000
Interesting. I'm still in the first weeks of a 'new used' OMD. Mine came with a
25mm PanaLeica and a 45mm so I bought a 12-50mm from a Taiwanese dealer who has
a lot of them split from kits - fair price, new  and quick. I think a lot of
12-50's ended up being orphaned as people avoided the power focus.
 Ebay ID - thisisde1 - he seems to have a lot of mFT stuff at good prices.

Mine also came with a plastic moulded grip - it does have the cut-out in the
base that allows a battery change but my fingers don't much like the big hole
in the bottom
so I got a new HLD-6 from Cameta who are selling them quite cheaply. That's yet
to arrive.
I had read online that the 25mm Panny doesn't do the rattlesnake sound
focussing on an EM5 - but mine does.
Is there a cure for this? I upgraded the firmware to 1.7 but no change.

I still have an E-1 with a 12-60 but I don't think I'll bother mounting it -
the 50/2 macro may get a turn though with the MMF-2.
My daughter-in-law gets my E-P2 with 14-42mm  - I was offended by how little
they are worth these days!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com