Re: [OM] E-M5 report

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 report
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:53:41 +0800 (WST)
Hi Andrew,

> Interesting. I'm still in the first weeks of a 'new used' OMD. Mine came
with a 25mm PanaLeica and a 45mm so I bought a
> 12-50mm from a Taiwanese dealer who has a lot of them split from kits -
fair price, new  and quick. I think a lot of 12-50's
> ended up being orphaned as people avoided the power focus.
>  Ebay ID - thisisde1 - he seems to have a lot of mFT stuff at good prices.

He does have a lot of stuff, that I already have :)

> Mine also came with a plastic moulded grip - it does have the cut-out in the
base that allows a battery change but my fingers
> don't much like the big hole in the bottom
> so I got a new HLD-6 from Cameta who are selling them quite cheaply.

I'd rather take the grip off to swap/charge the battery than have
one with a hole in it anyway, the grip is worth it for the security,
must be my long fingers, thats the main reason I bought the
Oly one. $269, I figure it's good insurance, as long as I dont
spend to much more money making it into something I will
actually use.

> I had read online that the 25mm Panny doesn't do the rattlesnake sound
focussing on an EM5 - but mine does.
> Is there a cure for this? I upgraded the firmware to 1.7 but no change.

I upgraded the firmware to 1.7 lastnight, I should have a look to
see if there is a fix list. I figure if I get something like a 25mm Panny
then it would be a keeper for light duty.

I missed out on taking a couple of shots at the start of the month
when an old couple parked their car alongside another old couples
car, instead I showed them how to use two jacks to walk one car
away from the other, something like the E-M5 'a' 25mm would
be something that I could keep handy in the car and in my
jacket.

> I still have an E-1 with a 12-60 but I don't think I'll bother mounting it -
> the
50/2 macro may get a turn though with the
> MMF-2.

I've tried the 50/3.5 with the MMF-3 + OM adapter, and the
12-50 makes the 50/3.5 redundant, I'd have to do some more
testing/comparing before I put the 50mm 3.5 in the display
cabinet though, dont have a 50/2 to try.

> My daughter-in-law gets my E-P2 with 14-42mm  - I was offended by how
little they are worth these days!

Yes, I nolonger bother putting stuff on the bay, and what I have
that would get a good price, I would rather keep with my
precious, yes I would, oh, the addictions of a zuikoholic :)

E bodys make good hand me downs, and at least the lenses
retain some value.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.