Re: [OM] Hmm, bought a new PC !

Subject: Re: [OM] Hmm, bought a new PC !
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:48:46 +0800
Searching a bit from the Net, I believe the 32G SSD is more likely act as a
cache:

http://thessdreview.com/our-reviews/nvelo-dataplex-ssd-caching-software-review-seven-msata-ssds-prove-an-amazing-concept/

"Dataplex manages the entire hard drive and caches the ‘hot’ data while
leaving the ‘cold’ data on the hard drive.  The software actually learns and
remembers which applications and data are used most and retains that
information on the SSD.  A great example of this occurs during system start
up."

Also:

http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/intel_smart_response_technology_user_guide.pdf

It is a way to use lower cost to give the computer faster read/write
response. But I'd prefer a larger SSD for system and temp files as the SSD
is more affordable now.

What I don't like is the ultrabook, it has poor cost/performance ratio,
unless you really need a longer battery life and touch screen. The ultrabook
is more expensive, slower and not much lighter than a standard notebook.

C.H.Ling