Re: [OM] Blackout

Subject: Re: [OM] Blackout
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:48:56 -0700
On 6/25/2013 11:10 AM, Ian Manners wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> But the hospital where I work was under generator power for several
>> hours tonight - here's what that looks like.
>>
>> http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=6240
> Nice, hmm, a 20mm 1.7 hmmm

If you look through his images, you will find that Paul has done a lot of great
work with that lens. I have one, but
have used it much less, and to less good effect than Paul has.

I'm not convinced that the 25/1.4 is the best choice. The speed difference
means almost nothing with such high ISO
capability, 40 mm eq. is better for street shooting for most people and equally
good for most everything else as 50 mm.
The 20 is MUCH smaller, half the weight and cheaper, to boot.
<http://www.four-thirds.org/en/microft/single.html#i_020mm_f017_panasonic>
Unless super shallow DOF is the goal, I don't
see much point to the 25.

Moose D'Opinion