Re: [OM] IMG: Puzzles

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Puzzles
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 00:15:27 +0000 (UTC)
Local squirrels have been chewing the aluminum wire ties on the neighbors fence
for years.  They also chew plastic lawn chairs left out.  Since they are
basically fed soft foods in the development (no hard nuts), I always thought
they did it for their teeth!

        ----- Original Message -----  From: Chuck Norcutt
<chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  To: Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  Sent: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:59:40 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Puzzles       You certainly have some strange squirrels.
 I was so surprised at the   gnawed aluminum that I went out and checked about
1/3 of my aluminum   fence post caps (where the numerous squirrels typically
run).  Not a   mark to be seen and the fence has been there (I think) for about
30 years.        My Rose of Sharon is trying to bloom but it's still too early
here.  We   have been missing honey bees for the last several years, presumably
due   to "colony collapse disorder".  When the salvia was in heavy bloom it
was well populated with bumble bees.  Now the salvia is done and our   roses
and other flowers are in bloom but I haven't seen a bee of any   sort lately.
I'll pay more attention to the Rose of Sharon when it   blooms since it
normally supports a flock of bumbl