[OM] Barn Details

Subject: [OM] Barn Details
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 22:43:23 -0600

My Father-in-law passed away this week and the funeral was Saturday
morning. After the activities, the family all returned to the farm to visit
for a while. Many of us went out and toured the barns. He retired from
intense farming about 25 years ago, and gave it up entirely about ten years
ago after spending a number of years with under a hundred head.

He died at the age of 88 and was a pioneer in several areas of agriculture.
He was one of the first to adopt round bales and throughout his career
maintained a near organic farming method, not necessarily because of
high-mindedness, but because it made good economic sense for him. During
the later years of raising cattle, they had actually gone vegitarian in
their own diet. Yes, a vegitarian cattle farmer.

The barns and such have fallen into disrepair over the past couple of
decades, and have proven to be wonderful fodder for my cameras. For this
collection of photographs I used the DMC-L1 set to in-camera jpeg. Other
than an automated auto levels and resizing, these are as-is, straight out
of camera. Warts and all. I will heavily process a few of them in the
future, but not right now.

Please enjoy.

--
Ken Norton