Re: [OM] case for OMD

Subject: Re: [OM] case for OMD
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:48:53 -0700
On 7/1/2013 10:05 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
> I like the Zing neoprene cases but they don't sell a small version.
> Trying out the Optech cases but one is too big and the 4/3rd's case is
> too small on the OMD with the bump on top. It fits but just barely and
> is a bit of a pain to wrestle it in. Also not as cushiony as the Zing
> cases. I want something for active use like backpacking. So what do you
> use?

I've tried an Op/Tech case, for the 60D, and had exactly the same problem,
small case fit with difficulty and big was
going to be very sloppy. I could see where even one that fit it would get in
the way, so it went back.

I use the old style Lowepro Photorunner* on my waist, often with the shoulder
strap picking up part of the weight. E-M5
with 14-150, 75-300 and a couple of smaller lenses will all fit in the main
part, a spare Pen body, pancake lens,
battery/card bag(s), extension tube(s), etc. fit in the surprisingly capacious
side pocket.

The E-M5 goes naked but for a strap in use, or is protected in the bag.
Anything else is just too awkward for me in use.
If it rains, I mount the 12-50 and let 'em get wet. Haven't tried a downpour as
yet - I don't want to be out then - but
light rain is only a problem in getting the front element spotted with drops.

Hold That Bag Moose

* Recently bought a back-up on the 'Bay. The new design isn't as good for my
gear.