Re: [OM] New rolling camera bag

Subject: Re: [OM] New rolling camera bag
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 18:26:14 +1000
This is a constant bugbear of mine. In my view, the indicator should be on the
opposite side to the gear shift - that way you can shift gear and operate the
indicators simultaneously. Most cars in Australia are like this - indicator
stalk on the right.. But a significant number of cars in the UK have the
indicator and gear shift on the same (left) side which is awkward in some
circumstances.
I find this the hardest thing to get used to in changing cars and countries -
manual to automatic, no problem; eft hand to right hand, soon mastered. But I
find myself turning on the bloody wipers instead of the indicators for weeks
afterwards and that's quite dangerous.
It's lazy. In the UK, it's European manufacturers who don't bother to switch
them over. In the US I'll bet it's Japanese vehicles on the 'wrong' side as
they drive (sensibly) on the left. That of course is the sole reason that they
came to dominate the vehicle manufacturing industry.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813