Re: [OM] IMG: The Dock

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Dock
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:21:08 -0400
Hi, Brian -

Yes, I have a light table and loupe and regularly examine my slides that
way, but the Kodachromes are still a challenge for me.  They have a
distinct color balance that seems to look artificial scanned.

The info in the metadata is not correct for lens openings.  All of these
are film images and there was no way to record the aperture.  I think the
metadata always defaults to 1.0.  The only time I used lenses wide open
normally was in the dark .

Thanks!

Tina

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Brian Swale <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tina wrote:
> > PESO:
> >
> > The dock and ferry at Santiago Atitlan.  At first it was way too magenta
> > so I color-balanced it based on the white clouds.  Then it was way too
> > green.
> >  I've looked at it so long, I can't decide if the color is right or not
> >  now:
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/151212364
> >
> > It's Kodachrome!
> >
> > C&C greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Tina
> I've got a couple of questions:
>
> 1)  How do the colours of the scan compare with the actual transparency
> viewed through a loupe or on a screen / whatever? Does that comparison
> help you get it better.
>
> 2) You seem to take most photos with the lens wide open.
> Why? and do you never stop down?
> Most lenses I am familiar with yield a sharper image stopped down to some
> degree. The only exception to this I am aware of is the Zuiko 500mm ... :-)
>
> Brian Swale.
> --

Tina Manley
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com