Re: [OM] IMG: San Pedro Dock

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: San Pedro Dock
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:37:10 -0600
Yes, I think it's a touch too over-corrected. Kinda has the HDR look going too.

I'm on my work computer with monitors that are a disaster, so I can't
speak to specifics. However, what I would probably do to start things
out is take the original image, and do a white-balance adjust based on
the water (the smooth, bright area which is reflecting the clouds) in
the foreground. That should adjust things just enough without putting
too much yellow into the scene.

This is a situation where a UV filter on the lens would have likely
made quite a bit of difference. The film responded to the excessive
blue. A simple color correction is likely not going to cure it all,
because the parts of the scene not affected by excessive UV are
already pretty good.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx