Re: [OM] Steam trains running this summer

Subject: Re: [OM] Steam trains running this summer
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 21:10:31 +0100
I forgot to mention all the companies which pay to use the rolling-stock on the
railway lines.  They pay the RSCs (3 of them, I understand) and they pay the
railway line company (called Network Rail, nationalised again because the
private company failed).  Oh, and the cleverest part of it is that a Government
department decides when (and if) the RSCs may buy more rolling-stock, not the
train companies or the RSCs (or, indeed, the passengers who pay through the
nose for this public service).

Sorry, I called "rant over" some time ago; but I just went on and on :-).

Chris